Receta de Aixa
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp vinegar
the juice of one lemon
- With a knife, cut the first inch or so of leaves, so that the artichoke can stand on that side. Then, using scissors, cut the tips of all the remaing leaves, so that you don’t choke on them.
- Rinse well.
- Squeeze the lemon that was left over from the juice, on the cut edges of the leaves and the rest of the artichoke to keep it from turning dark.
- Place the artichoke in a glass container and add water , just enough to sit at one half inch from the bottom.
- Cover with saran wrap.
- Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes per artichoke, or longer if necessary. You’ll know it is done, when the leaves come off easily
- Stir the lemon juice, vinegar and olive oil with the salt and pepper. Add lemon juice or vinegar o oil until its the right balance for you.
THE DIP : You can melt butter for a delicious dip.