This is an original recipe by Gladys Fernandini
Toledo, Ohio – 1998
1 lb. Sirloin Tip Steak. (you can use skirt steak instead).
1 minced clove of garlic
1 red onion, medium size, cut in wedges
1 large tomato cut in wedges
1/2 green bell pepper, cut in strips
1 jalapeno peeper, or aji amarillo to taste
1 bunch cilantro, minced.
soy sauce (instead of salt)
2 potatoes cut in strips for deep fat frying
- Cut the sirloin tip steak into 1/2 ” strips and set aside.
- Slice the onions into wedges, green pepper into strips, jalapeno peppers, cilantro and tomato into wedges. Mince the garlic. Set apart and aside.
- French fry the potatoes and set aside.
- In a hot skillet, quickly seal the juices of the sirloin over high heat.
- Add the onions, tomato, the garlic, the green pepper, the jalapeno pepper, the oregano, and the pepper.
- When the onions start to absorb the meat and tomato juices, add the minced cilantro leaves and soy sauce to taste
- Toss the french fries on top.
- Serve with white rice.