Receta de Gladys Fernandini
1 lb. fresh TURBOT or FLOUNDER fillets
2 tsp. salt – better with andean pink salt-Sal de Maras
LECHE DE TIGRE (Tiger’s Milk)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
2 garlic cloves
1 habanero pepper
1 jalapeno or serrano pepper
1/4 cup of cold shrimp/fish clear broth
a dash of ginger
1 red onion – refrigerated
corn on the cob
Toasted salted corn nuts – “Peruvian cancha”
- Boil the sweet potato. When done cut it in round 1/2 inch slices and let it cool down.
- Set it aside until ready to serve.
- Boil the corn on the cob and when done, set it aside until ready to serve.
- Rinse and chop the cilantro leaves.
- Set aside until ready to serve.FOR THE LECHE DE TIGRE
- For “Leche de Tigre” : Mix in a Blender and REFRIGERATE until ready to serve:
- The juice from the limes,
- the habanero pepper, including the seeds,
- the jalapeno or serrano pepper,
- ginger and
- the broth
- Cut the fillets in 1/4 inch by 1/2 inch strips.
- Place in a ceramic container and cover with salt.
- Add enough water to cover the fish.
- Stir in the salt water with a wooden spoon.
- Let the fish sit in this salt water for 15 minutes.
- When the fifteen minutes are up, drain the water off the fish using a strain.
- Place it back in the ceramic container.
- Add the LECHE DE TIGRE and the chopped cilantro.
- Let it sit for 10 more minutes in the LECHE DE TIGRE.
- Peel the refrigerated onion.
- Slice it in paper thin rounds and lightly rinse it in very cold water so that it stays crunchy.
- Sprinkle it with lime juice and chopped and seeded Habanero Pepper.
- Place a leaf of lettuce, rinsed in cold water, on the plate.
- Add slices of the corn on the cob, the sweet potato and salted corn nuts to the plate.
- Add the fish.
- Top all with the sliced onions and LECHE DE TIGRE to taste.
NOTE: you may add a sliced red bell pepper or “rocoto” pepper, to decorate the dish, as shown in the photo above.