Receta de Elis Aurora
From the Mussel Bar and Grille
Prince Edward Island Mussels in Hoegaarden Beer and Touraine Wine with Pork Sausage, Lemon and Herbs
1 Tablespoon Clarified Butter
6 oz Fresh made raw Pork Sausage
1 Tablespoon Fine Chopped Garlic
1 Tablespoon Fine Chopped Shallots
1 Bay Leaf
1 lb. PEI Musssels
3/4 cup Hoegaarden Beer
3/4 Cup Touraine White Wine
1 cup Plugra Butter
1 Tsp Chopped thyme
1 Tablespoon Chopped Parsley
1 tsp chili Flakes
Salt and Pepper
2 Lemon Wedges
Pork Sausage: 1 lb pork Shoulder,Grind on the largest die. Pinch of each clove, marjoram, sage and chili Flake. Add a little Salt, pepper and brown Sugar. Grind on the medium die.
- Heat Mussel Pot to Medium High Heat, add one Tablespoon Clarified Butter.
- Add 6 oz. pork sausage meat and the bay leaf. Sear the sausage and break it up a little, add the garlic, and shallot, saute for one minute.
- Add the mussels, saute on minute, add the beer and wine.
- Cover immediately.
- Cook for 3 – 4 minutes
- Add the butter thyme, Parsley.
- Season with Salt and Pepper and cover immediately
- Swirl and Shake the pot
- Cook for 1 or 2 more minutes
- Squeeze the lemon and top. Drop it in
- Sprinkle parsley
Serve when mussels have opened. Bon Appetit!